THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The Cross and ‘Spirit in Jesus organisation’ at Pappathichola are becoming as controversial as the Munnar encroachments.
Now people have started querying about Spirit in Jesus.
A look at it…
1. Spirit in Jesus is a Thrissur-based Christian prayer group headed by one Tom Zachariah
2. There are allegations that the organisation’s activities are against conventional Christian beliefs.
3. Their main aim is to call down souls of dead persons to the earth, calm them down and free them of sins.
4. The organisation claims that the God has assigned them their current mission as, currently, there are no qualified persons in the church for the purpose.
5. The organisation is active through its mouthpiece ‘Itha Ninte Amma’, a magazine, its official website and Facebook page.
6. Kerala Catholics Church had banned the organisation last year following the allegation that they were functioning against Christian beliefs and based on superstitions.
7. Meanwhile, the Spirit in Jesus has said on their FB page that the Cross at Pappathichola ddint belong to them and they had not encroached any land in Munnar. The land on which the Cross was installed is in the custody of a person called Marian Soosey, a resident of Pappathikara.
8. They claim that the Cross at Pappathichola had mystic power and sun used to dance around it.